We support most major content feeds and are adding new partners to our platform every day. After you finish setting up your mobile app, you can continue publishing content through your existing channels and we’ll take care of mobile distribution in a single user experience.
Structure your feeds into categories, promote certain categories on your home screen, and build a full featured browsing app for your users.
Users can comment, like and share your content to Facebook, Twitter and foursquare with links that lead back to your website and help build traffic.
Our Drupal and Wordpress plugins are on the way. If you are running on one of these platforms you can easily set up your mobile app with ShoutEm. Just install our plugin and let us autoconfigure your app.
We will automatically build and optimize a mobile app based on the features detected on your server.
Location, location, location
Smartphones with built-in GPS capabilities have opened a new dimension of staying connected. All apps are now local and all services should offer locally relevant content to their users. ShoutEm mobile allows you to:
- create custom local categories
- tag locations with custom information
- promote local businesses to your users
- allow user-generated venue comments, reviews, photos, game mechanics (badges)
- offer maps.
What is a community without events? ShoutEm’s mobile platform let’s you create event listings that your users are interested in and more:
- users can check out who is at the event
- you can organize events and invite friends
- promote events for your partners (pizza Tuesday, wine tasting, etc.)
- Allow user-generated event content: shouts, photos, checkins (and badges)
- Share to Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Finally, since you will be maintaining a community that uses your app on a daily basis, you want to display all the action in an easy-to-understand interface. We’ve been building mobile apps for years and have taken everything we’ve learned about mobile communities to design our best-of-breed mobile community page:
- shouts, photos, checkins, comments
- new event announcements
- friends, messages, invitiations
- ability to switch from public to friends-only mode